Chemistry Help Forum

Chemistry Help Forum (
-   High School Chemistry Forum (
-   -   Air Pump (

dannyok90 Apr 28th 2018 11:27 PM

Air Pump
Hi All,

Im new here so first and foremost HI! :)

Im also completely new to this, so please could answers be as basic as possible, haha.

Im looking for a way, using lab glass where (flasks and pipes etc), to make an air flow without the aid of an electric pump, so basically i'll end up with either a glass or plastic pipe thats got a steady stream of pressurised air blowing from it. Is there a way to do this or do i just need to buy a pump? - id prefer to keep it all 'mechanical' using burners etc if possible.

For context im trying to make a nebulizing diffuser like the one below but using a chemistry like setup.

Thanks Guys,

oz93666 Apr 29th 2018 08:07 PM

I think you have to use an electric fan ... like this one ....

Extremely small , used to cool laptop computers 12V ,costs just a few pounds ....put "fan 12V" in Ebay search

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Copyright © 2016 Chemistry Help Forum. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Chemistry Help Forum. All rights reserved.