Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Advanced Chemistry Forum Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biological chemistry questions go here.

Old Mar 9th 2017, 06:30 AM   #1
priyoX

priyoX is on a distinguished road
Inhaled melted/burning plastic?

I was heating oil (a lot of oil) to make a fried dish, and left it on the stove too long, so the oil caught fire. I couldnt put it out with rags so used the fire extinguisher. But by then the kitchens and apartment was so smokey (black smoke) you coudlnt breathe or even see. THe heat melted and torched the microwave completely (i dont know if it burnt or just melted). the fire department used a fan to air out, but I slept in burning plastic smell all night. I'm feeling a sore throat and heavy chest, but is there anything I need to worry or even see the doc about? I'm new to US and I don't yet have insurance
priyoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th 2017, 01:20 PM   #2
topsquark

topsquark is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by priyoX View Post
I was heating oil (a lot of oil) to make a fried dish, and left it on the stove too long, so the oil caught fire. I couldnt put it out with rags so used the fire extinguisher. But by then the kitchens and apartment was so smokey (black smoke) you coudlnt breathe or even see. THe heat melted and torched the microwave completely (i dont know if it burnt or just melted). the fire department used a fan to air out, but I slept in burning plastic smell all night. I'm feeling a sore throat and heavy chest, but is there anything I need to worry or even see the doc about? I'm new to US and I don't yet have insurance
We are a help site for Chemistry, not medicine.

GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!

-Dan

Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Tags
burning, health, melting, plastic, smoke

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed