Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Undergraduate Chemistry Forum

Undergraduate Chemistry Forum Ask your undergraduate chemistry questions here.

Old Jun 2nd 2018, 07:01 PM   #1
needsleep

needsleep is on a distinguished road
how fast will chlorine and flouride dissapate

Hello. This is my first question. However, am not a student. But I figured you folks would be able to answer my question. I would assume fairly easily.

I am starting an urban farm in the city. The city adds both Chlorine and Fluoride into the water. Chlorine is used to keep the water fresh to its destination. Fluoride is used to help reduce cavities. Neither of these are good to put on crops.

A Russian friend once told me that it would take 15-20 minutes for the Chlorine in my tap water to gas off in my glass of water. We have long since parted ways.

I wish to use the city water hydrant to water my crops. If a sprayer device, as shown in the following url, was in operation, could I expect any reduction in Chlorine before it hit my plants?

http://www.r200wf.com/
If you confine your mouse movements to the scroll bar on the right, you'll be able to see the photos without interference.

I have no such wisdom about Fluoride. Could you please address Fluoride in the same situation?

Thanks,
needsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 12:41 AM   #2
oz93666

oz93666 is on a distinguished road
Wellcome .... Yes your friend is correct ... chlorine is a gas ... , and will rapidly dissipate into the air , the more surface area the water has, the quicker this will happen ... spraying the water will also get the chlorine out of the water into the air , how effectively is hard to say.

Fluoride however is a compound of fluorine (a gas) and another element (sodium fluoride , potassium fluoride etc) like salt it dissolves in water and will never gas off ...

It was put in water and toothpaste to dumb the public down and destroy their health ... it is of no benefit to the teeth , that is all a lie.

Many people are now aware of this and fluoride filters can be obtained , quiet expensive , normal water filters do not remove it.

I would advise you not to drink this water, get a filter that removes it for your own drinking water .... as for your garden you will need a lot of water for this , too much for a domestic filter ...can you collect rainwater ? or get access to a stream or river??

Last edited by oz93666; Jun 3rd 2018 at 12:47 AM.
oz93666 is online now   Reply With Quote

Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Undergraduate Chemistry Forum

Tags
chlorine fluoride

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed