Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Advanced Chemistry Forum Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biological chemistry questions go here.

Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Timetraveler1

Timetraveler1 is on a distinguished road
Smile Can these seven techniques increase, and decrease the band gap of opaque matter, to m

-ke the electrons, electron voltage the same a s glass.?
So I am trying to make human tissue, and bone translucent by around 40% this is all you would need to see the electro, and chemical signals traveling through neurons in real time, to cure ALL brain diseases, like Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's disease.
I know I will never get 100% transparency, not even glass is this transparent, but 40% is what I am trying to see if is possible, or not.
You would only need to make four inches of human tissue, and bone translucent, to completely traverse, and see through the human body, and skull,because it is that distance from the outside to the center of the brain.
Magnification of neurons is technologically possible, modifying a Gamma Knife machine to be able to ionize diseased neurons at micron scales is possible, just the ball lenses have to be modified.
So magnification, and ionization of neurons is technologically possible, just translucency of solid opaque matter is not.
So my main goal is to increase the band gap in solid opaque materials, to make light transmission through a object, like light does through glass.
Most glass begins absorbing light significantly at about 350 nm and below (that's 3.5 eV). Very high purity fused quartz is transparent down to about 200 nm (6.2 eV).
I asked a question on a chemistry forum about how the band gap can be increased, and decreased, and somebody said "By applying an electric field you can move the energy levels of a substance up and down, but in most cases they all move together, preserving the distance of the band gap. There are some materials (mostly molecular, as far as I know) for which the energy levels move slightly differently as the electric field is applied--causing a change in the difference between energy levels. It is very uncommon for this to be a strong effect, and it has to do with differential coupling between the orbitals involved."
After studying there are seven possible ways to change the electron voltage requirement of electrons to light:
1. Heat, someone told me, "It takes energy, either in the form of light, heat or electromotive force to move electrons from one energy level to a higher one, while they will typically spontaneously move to lower unoccupied levels, if allowed to (releasing heat or light, or subjecting something else to an electromotive force).
One can also move the energy levels (and the electrons in them) by rearranging the atoms and/or other electrons (chemical reaction) or by subjecting them to an electric or magnetic field. Changing the nucleus (nuclear reactions) will also change the levels, but this is not commonly useful.
Remember energy is always conserved."
2. Maybe microwaves.
3. The Electromotive force
4. Magnetic field.
5. Possibly negative energy
6. Can making the electron speed up change the electron voltage of the electron.
7. Applying a electric Field.
Somebody told me on a chemistry forum, "By applying an electric field you can move the energy levels of a substance up and down, but in most cases they all move together, preserving the distance of the band gap. There are some materials (mostly molecular, as far as I know) for which the energy levels move slightly differently as the electric field is applied--causing a change in the difference between energy levels. It is very uncommon for this to be a strong effect, and it has to do with differential coupling between the orbitals involved."
So could maybe using all these seven techniques together, could the band gap of solid opaque matter be changed, or FIXED so that light does not get absorbed by the electron and light can transmission through the material.
You just have to keep the electron at the electron voltage range it is in, in glass but in solid opaque matter, for light to transmission through.
Just 40% translucency is all that is need to end all brain disease, and disorders.
I am grateful for your help anything helps even a few words.

Best regards,

Nicholas Lee.
Timetraveler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th 2016, 02:08 AM   #2
joeweller

joeweller is on a distinguished road
hard to tell

Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Tags
band gap, transparent

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed