Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Advanced Chemistry Forum Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biological chemistry questions go here.

Old Feb 16th 2018, 08:02 PM   #1
HEric

HEric is on a distinguished road
Is there an alternative?

Hello. I recently joined per the advice of someone I know from Twitch. That person seems to think that I can find help here

I am working on a personal science project I guess you can say. I am trying to find new solutions for CPU cooling. I have been building PC's for 17 years. I think it's possible to do better than what is out there

So far I have tried Freon-22, and 134A. I would try 404A but, that would destroy the current working cooler. I am working on assembling a Dry Ice based cooler this weekend

My issue with Freon is that I can't find a way to make the conversion more efficient. I have used a thermal conductor, and an oroface/expansion device

I don't think it's a size issue. The current cooler is about the size of an Amazon Box (4x6x6)

Regardless of what the issue is, I am looking for alternatives to try

A chemist I spoke to, mentioned a process that I don't fully understand. They said that process is known as dehydrogenating cyclohexane

I can only recognize 4 of the elements involved. That would be Rhenium, Rhodium, Uranium and Platinum

This is obviously too dangerous and expensive. I am wondering if there is something like that for me to attempt. I have access to a machine shop so I can attempt to make something that can make a chemical reaction

If anyone can point me to something to read, I would be grateful. Thank you if you respond!
HEric is offline   Reply With Quote

Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed