Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Advanced Chemistry Forum Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biological chemistry questions go here.

Old Feb 7th 2017, 04:22 PM   #1
haithamelaraby

haithamelaraby is on a distinguished road
Adsorption .. I need a reference !!

I am working on removal of heavy metal cations from aqueous solution using adsorption.. and when i studied the effect of temperature i found that the adsorption increased from 25 C to 30 C then it decreased when i raised temp. to 35 C and 40 C ... I researched on internet and got an illustration about that "Chemisorption occurs" from more than one site as follows:

* It is found in chemisorption that it first increases and than decreases with increase in temperature.When adsorption isobar is plotted the graph first increases and than decreases with T.The initial increase is due to the heat supplied,which act as activation energy required in chemisorption. But later it decreases,due to the exothermic nature of adsorption at equilibrium.

* With increase in temperature, chemisorption first increases as sufficient energy is being provided for the molecules to reach the activation energy. But after certain degree it decreases, as the further high temperature helps in breaking of the bond between the adsorbate and the adsorbed molecules.

But i need a reference for that from book or journal to put it in my thesis. I appreciate the time to read this message and i am very grateful for your help.

Thank you very much.
haithamelaraby is offline   Reply With Quote

Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed