Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Advanced Chemistry Forum Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biological chemistry questions go here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 16th 2018, 08:02 PM   #1
HEric

HEric is on a distinguished road
Is there an alternative?

Hello. I recently joined per the advice of someone I know from Twitch. That person seems to think that I can find help here

I am working on a personal science project I guess you can say. I am trying to find new solutions for CPU cooling. I have been building PC's for 17 years. I think it's possible to do better than what is out there

So far I have tried Freon-22, and 134A. I would try 404A but, that would destroy the current working cooler. I am working on assembling a Dry Ice based cooler this weekend

My issue with Freon is that I can't find a way to make the conversion more efficient. I have used a thermal conductor, and an oroface/expansion device

I don't think it's a size issue. The current cooler is about the size of an Amazon Box (4x6x6)

Regardless of what the issue is, I am looking for alternatives to try

A chemist I spoke to, mentioned a process that I don't fully understand. They said that process is known as dehydrogenating cyclohexane

I can only recognize 4 of the elements involved. That would be Rhenium, Rhodium, Uranium and Platinum

This is obviously too dangerous and expensive. I am wondering if there is something like that for me to attempt. I have access to a machine shop so I can attempt to make something that can make a chemical reaction

If anyone can point me to something to read, I would be grateful. Thank you if you respond!
HEric is offline   Reply With Quote

Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed