Go Back   Chemistry Help Forum > Chemistry Forums > Advanced Chemistry Forum

Advanced Chemistry Forum Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biological chemistry questions go here.

Old Jan 5th 2017, 07:25 PM   #1
lleon

lleon is on a distinguished road
Nutritional Supplement Turning Brown

Hello to all. First I have to say I have no background in chemistry but am faced with a problem and I am not sure where else to turn. I am a supplement designer and am formulating a pre-workout product. Through beta testing this product the color was a mild yellow (without any color additives). After letting the product sit for about 2 weeks, I mixed up a serving and noticed it mixed dark brown. My only conclusion is there must be some sort of reaction between some of the compounds or even with moisture. I simply have no idea and I am less than 2 weeks away from scheduled production... If anyone can even lead me in the right direction of what to do, what to replace or experiment with, I will be forever grateful.

My 'hunch' is that it has something to do with glucuronolactone and something else such as sodium or calcium...but it's nothing more than a hunch.

Here is a list of the other ingredients>

Glycerol Powder
Beta Alanine
Taruine
Grape Fruit Extract
mucuna pruriens
Piperine
N Acetyl L Tyrosine
Caffeine Citrate
DiCaffeine Malate
Ascorbic Acid
Glucuronolactone