alcohol extraction

Feb 2020
usa
wondering what chemical reaction occurs,this is an alcohol tincture mixed with water turns it instantly white ? thank you

Apr 2015
Question is too vague and the white might not be a chemical reaction at all, but an insoluble precipitate as here

Some absinthes turn cloudy when water is added. This is due to the spirit containing components that are not soluble in water (mainly fennel and star anise) and the hydration causes them to drop out of solution with the alcohol, turning the drink cloudy with a milky opaqueness known as the louche.

Reactions: topsquark
Feb 2020
usa
Question is too vague and the white might not be a chemical reaction at all, but an insoluble precipitate as here
thank you for your reply ...maybe the video will help

Apr 2015
Help whom?

Did you look up absinthe ?

I asked for some proper information, without that we are all just guessing in the wind.

Reactions: topsquark
Feb 2020
usa
Help whom?

Did you look up absinthe ?

I asked for some proper information, without that we are all just guessing in the wind.
looks like the same chemical reaction....just dont understand the benefits.....

Apr 2015
here is another spirit drink that has this property

Ouzo is a clear liquid. However, when water or ice is added, ouzo turns a milky-white colour. This is because anethole, the essential oil of anise, is completely soluble in alcohol at approximately 38% ABV and above, but not in water.

Feb 2020
usa
here is another spirit drink that has this property
thank you for directing in the right direction.....i made this by accident and didnt understand how it happens,because it looks pretty cool..... of course i used different chemicals..... thank you again