How can I accelerate the process for aging paper ?

Jan 2017
europe
Hello, I have very limited knowledge in chemistry in science in general. For the making of a role-playing game, I need to be able to accelerate the aging process of paper with text printed on it , via an inket printer (black and white, as well as colors).

I would like to know which chemical ingredients I could use for that. I know it can be done for food, inside a sealed food jar for some days. The producer of the documentary titled "Super Size Me" did it in his documentary. I's sure it can also be done for paper. What should I try to do in order to accelerate the aging process of printed paper ?

Thank you.

Jan 2017
New york
Hello, I have very limited knowledge in chemistry in science in general. For the making of a role-playing game, I need to be able to accelerate the aging process of paper with text printed on it , via an inket printer (black and white, as well as colors).

I would like to know which chemical ingredients I could use for that. I know it can be done for food, inside a sealed food jar for some days. The producer of the documentary titled "Super Size Me" did it in his documentary. I's sure it can also be done for paper. What should I try to do in order to accelerate the aging process of printed paper ?

Thank you.
Put in a dilute coffee or tea

Jan 2017
europe
maryna thanks for the reply. Yea, it will mimick visually the process ( by turning to brown ) I allready did that, it looks good , but I 'd like to know about a scientiphic way of doing this.

My guess is I should try to put the paper in a sealed jar, and put some extra things inside it so it will accelerate the process. The question is : what should I put inside the saled jar. Anyway thanks I'll keep looking.

Feb 2017
Seattle
maryna thanks for the reply. Yea, it will mimick visually the process ( by turning to brown ) I allready did that, it looks good , but I 'd like to know about a scientiphic way of doing this.

My guess is I should try to put the paper in a sealed jar, and put some extra things inside it so it will accelerate the process. The question is : what should I put inside the saled jar. Anyway thanks I'll keep looking.
Let us know if you find out. I'm not sure if it's possible though.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
Any place where Alyson Hannigan can find me
I see no problem with Maryna22's suggestion. After the tea dries you might try rubbing a bit of lemon juice on a couple of patches.

-Dan