How to ace Organic Chemistry, even if you hate it!

Feb 2020
US
How to ace Organic Chemistry, even if you hate it!

Organic Chemistry is notorious for being difficult. Worse still, it is unique in that you can spend countless hours studying it and still score badly on the exam. This makes many students feel frustrated and helpless. How then does one overcome this fearsome subject? You need three things to do well:
  1. Ability to remember a lot of info
  2. Ability to apply that info correctly
  3. Good judgment & intuition
How NOT to handle Organic Chemistry

Many students think Org Chem only involves memorizing stuff. In fact, this would be the best recipe for studying countless hours and still failing, akin to an aspiring boxer learning to throw different punches but not knowing how to fight. If you only have #1 but not #2 or #3, you will do poorly.

How an App will help you

Best way to excel is to practice many problems, which is what this Organic Chemistry App provides. After all, an exam is testing your problem-solving. So, if you’re preparing by just reading a textbook or lecture notes but never doing problems, chances are you won’t know how to even begin on an exam. How you train is how you will perform.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.11.00 AM.png

Download Organic Chemistry I App

How to excel without blind memorization

You need frequent practice to develop #2 and #3. By doing problems, you acquire context for the theory you have studied. This helps you apply things correctly, and in time, gain an intuitive ability to know which reactions apply where. To assist, our App provides:
  • Large question bank
  • Wide coverage of topics
  • Explanation after each problem
Explanations and tips are concise and focused. I cut to the chase and identify key concepts you need to know to solve it. This is the same philosophy I use in my lectures – straight to the point with no fluff.

How to use this App

“Organic Chemistry I” is geared toward a 1st-semester undergrad course and covers topics on Structure (Part A) and Reactivity (Part B). If you’re a new user, I recommend doing problems in numerical order and the App will keep track of your progress. Later on, you can turn on “Shuffle Mode” to mix things up.