Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate Solubility Curve

Sep 2013
Hello all,

I'm new on this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting it in wrong section. Also, I'm from Brazil, sorry for my bad english.

I need the magnesium sulfate heptahydrate solubility curve, to make some mass balances. Can someone post it please? I will be grateful.

Unknown008

CHF Hall of Fame
May 2010
Mauritius
Huh, isn't that a requirement of your question?

You are supposed to be able to graph it using the thermometer you are provided with and the temperature at which the salt will crystallize.

May 2010
Hello all,

I'm new on this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting it in wrong section. Also, I'm from Brazil, sorry for my bad english.

I need the magnesium sulfate heptahydrate solubility curve, to make some mass balances. Can someone post it please? I will be grateful.
Google solubility of Epsom Salt USP MgSO4.7H2O.You will find two values.If you need more points add the hydrate to 100 ml of water at a selected temp adding salt and maintaining tempuntil a small increment fails to go into solution

Sep 2013
Google solubility of Epsom Salt USP MgSO4.7H2O.You will find two values.If you need more points add the hydrate to 100 ml of water at a selected temp adding salt and maintaining tempuntil a small increment fails to go into solution
I just need highest solubility temperature, I will heat until this temperature and then cool down to recristalize it.

May 2010
I just need highest solubility temperature, I will heat until this temperature and then cool down to recristalize it.
highest temp would be greater than 100 C You would need to start with anhydrous MgSO4.Solubility at 90 C is 74 gm per 100 cc water Slowly add increments with continued heating to boiling.After saturation slowly cool to 20 C . Vacuum filter cake and wash with 1.5 cake volumes ice cold water.Air dry at a temp not exceeding 60 C

Last edited: