Measuring the solubility of a substance

Oct 2017
Ottawa
So my chem teacher does this thing where he gives us questions on subject matter that he has yet to teach, so I’m a bit confused on these questions. Questions like, for example, what is the solubility of the given substances at 50 degrees Celsius, what is the minimum temperature required to dissolve 100g of the given substances in 100ml of water, how many grams of each substance will dissolve in 250ml of water at 80 degrees Celsius. Could someone give me a brief outline as to how I could solve these questions? Thanks!

May 2017
thailand
The question as you gave it cannot be answered ... every compound has a different solubility in water , we need to know what substance ...generally, the higher the temperature , the more dissolves...

Oct 2017
Ottawa
The question as you gave it cannot be answered ... every compound has a different solubility in water , we need to know what substance ...generally, the higher the temperature , the more dissolves...
One of the compounds was NaCLO3, but is there not a general equation I could use to solve this? I have no clue what I’m doing or what I’m talking about so sorry if I sound like an idiot asking that haha

May 2017
thailand
put .... "NaClO3 solubility curve" in google search ....

You get many charts like this ...

NaClO3 is the second from the top curve ...

at 0 C , 80 gms disolves in 100gms of water

at 70 C ,180 gms disolves in 100gms of water

Oct 2017
Ottawa
put .... "NaClO3 solubility curve" in google search ....

You get many charts like this ...

NaClO3 is the second from the top curve ...

at 0 C , 80 gms disolves in 100gms of water

at 70 C ,180 gms disolves in 100gms of water
Great, thank you!