Molarity Question

Feb 2020
Australia
Hey guys,
I'm not sure what to do with this homework question. What do I need to do? Do I use the c1v1=c2v2 formula?
What volume of Solution A (0.215mol/L) nitric acid is needed to react completely with 25mL of Solution B (0.334mol/L) sodium hydroxide?

Thanks

topsquark

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
Any place where Alyson Hannigan can find me
The reaction is \(\displaystyle HNO_3 + NaOH \longrightarrow NaNO_3 + H_2 O\) and we see that the number of mols of \(\displaystyle HNO_3\) and the number of mols of \(\displaystyle NaOH\) are 1:1 in the reaction. So we need to have as many mols of \(\displaystyle HNO_3\) to use to react as we have mols of \(\displaystyle NaOH\).

Hint: How do you find out how many mols of \(\displaystyle NaOH\) you have to start with? That tells you how many mols of \(\displaystyle HNO_3\) you need. Then how much of solution A do you need?

-Dan

Reactions: WMDhamnekar
Jan 2020
Mumbai(Bombay), Maharashtra State, India.
Hey guys,
I'm not sure what to do with this homework question. What do I need to do? Do I use the c1v1=c2v2 formula?
What volume of Solution A (0.215mol/L) nitric acid is needed to react completely with 25mL of Solution B (0.334mol/L) sodium hydroxide?

Thanks
63.75mL of solution A(Nitric acid)is needed to react completely with 25mL of solution B(Sodium Hydroxide).