[(probably) Another] University student reporting in

Mar 2020
Uppsala
Greetings from Uppsala university,

So I've started two courses this week, geochemistry and inorganic chemistry I. And due to the courses going online/remote the proff's have uploaded the lectures in pdf form and are working on recording the lectures on one of courses. I'm unsure how effective it will be to ask questions of the proff's so I figured I search Reddit for a suitable sub, which lead me here. I'm re-taking these coures and really want to complete them this time around!

Chemistry is my minor and I have crap self-esteem in the subject after many failures.

/Budding hydrogeologist

Apr 2015
Welcome Molly. Good-self introduction

We were playing the board game 'Round Europe' last night and I drew to be based in Uppsala. There's coincidence.

Anyway try to post your questions in the appropriate forum as it helps set the level of the answers.

We had a hydrogeology question in the Physics section a few days ago, allegedly at high school level. (There is a Physics and a Maths button at the top for the sister forums)

Reactions: topsquark
Mar 2020
Uppsala
Thanks, Studiot I will!

I'm not familiar with "Round Europe", but a quick google search led me to the BGG site. At first glance the game appears to be a pre-cursor to Ticket to the ride? ;)

Where would you say Geochemistry-related questions should be posted at?

Interesting post you linked to. Without knowing how long and detailed answer the proff expects I would have replied (the simplest answer imho) that the difference would be that in the first case it's about mass transport (conservation of mass) and in the second it's about the hydraulic potential and I think also about calculating velocities. I can be way off here, of course. I don't have the math fresh in my mind unfortunately.

Apr 2015
If you click on the 'Forums' tab you will see a list of forums.

Try to pick the appropriate one from the list after (and including) the Undergraduate Chemistry.

Some questions may be more appropriate in the Physics section.

There are also professional Chemists and Earth Scientists at this site, although they seem overwhelmed with Covid-19 stuff at the moment.

The same idea always applies.

The more you put in, the more youwill get out.

Or the better you frame your opening post the better answer you will get.